Subscribe to Google Calendar via Email
Have you ever wanted to receive an email when new events are added to a calendar? We sure have! In the office we keep a vacation/out of office calendar, but no one was being notified when someone added to it. Since we use Google Calendar and Feed My Inbox (of course), it was easy to setup email notifications. Here's how it works:
1. Login to Google Calendar and click the "Settings" link on the top right. Then click the "Calendars" tab like so ...
2. Click on the calendar you would like to subscribe to, which can be your calendar or one that you are subscribed to.
3. Scroll to the bottom and you will see a series of calendar address buttons. What we need is the XML address. So click on the XML button that applies to you, whether the calendar is public or private:
4. A window will popup with the calendar XML address in it. Copy/paste that URL into FeedMyInbox.com along with your email address like so:
5. If necessary, confirm the subscription and you are all set!
One thing to keep in mind is that items are added to the feed based on the time they are ADDED, not the time they OCCUR. So this makes the most sense when you want to be notified of new items added to a calendar.
Pretty easy, huh? Let us know if you have any questions about it.